Friday, February 29, 2008

The Leap Year

... not about the movie laa .. but would like to watch it though.

February 29th is the only day where a woman can propose to a man. Literally. Technically you can do it anytime you want. MAJORITY of the social conformities just think it's inappropriate to do it. Deemed desperate, etc. But hey .. it takes guts to do it. And I salute the woman who stands up to represent all women who fights for equalities. On the other hand, I'm a traditional woman that would be a good wife, cook and pamper my husband, and always feel safe and protected in the arms of my love. I damn drama de laa.

Anyways.. It just occurred to me that proposing to the one you love takes major guts. Though you may be with that person for years .. I think people still get the jitters and tongue tied when making one of the major exclamations in relationships. I humoured myself by thinking how to go about making this propose joke to BigOne. I mean .. it's not even real .. but I couldn't do it. I don't know why. So I think it's gonna be even worse when it's real. Ola~ experienced people .. Let me know if I'm wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess it's different for everyone..for some, it's not a choice anymore due to an overactive sperm finding it's mark..for others it's that one defining moment in life that makes you propose without a second thought..

Sometimes trust and faith in the possible happiness of being together for eternity is the catalyst that pushes a person to propose..more often than not, that faith turns out to be nothing more than sudden inexplicable temporary blindness..and insanity some say!

Sadly, when something like love turns sour, or even just bland, it's the unfortunate nature that the almighty has instilled in mankind's DNA..the uncontrollable urge to stray..and don't say you are not one of those people..men and women are all the same, given the right opportunities and temptations..everyone strays! In fact, more and more these days, I tend to see more women being more promiscuous than they have ever been..look around you, I'm sure you can point out a few "sl*ts" for lack of a better word..

I guess what I'm saying is this..don't ever make the jump unless you can be sure that you can "close one eye" as they say, without any regrets..simply because no matter what anyone says about themselves, no one is 100% faithful..it's just in the genetic make up of humankind sadly..