Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Fatefully Departed

In loving memory of my beloved granny ...

We miss you and you will always be remembered and have a special place in our hearts. Though I did not have a chance to spend more time with you .. but I know I did spend my childhood in your loving arms during my annual castaway trips, and showering me with treats and ang-ku-kuehs. I hope that you will be happy on the other side where you are relieved of your suffering all these years.

She was beautiful, her sharp and caucasian-like feature made me questioned her roots of origins, which Mamamia insisted that our ancestors are from China. I am even more skeptical about my grandfather's roots coz he had eyes that resembles Sayuri's .. grey with blue circumference. But then again Mamamia insisted that his ancestors too were from China. Greater China bordering Khazakstan perhaps?


* * *


For the 26th year of visiting Penang ... I have never toured the island like a tourist before. It always has been an eating and party escapade. Since TaiSouCheryl was with us, making her 2nd footmark on the island after 16 years, we had a small tour .. yea .. damn small, like visiting 2 temples that were facing each other. Battle of the Thai's and Burmese.

Welcome to Little Thailand ..My mark .. The Buddha of the year of the Woof Woof.

The Sleeping Buddha ain't nothing like the one in Thailand. I don't mean to be disrespectful .. but abit disappointed laa ... The Burmese Buddha statue had more to awe about. The white marble made it more chio. And there were tiny buddha statues covering every wall up to the ceiling.
ASIA's Buddha's ... they were all different ... in height, in hairstyles, in robes .. Malaysia wasn't in sight ... apa laaa ...

Tour de temple wasn't that enjoying. about 10-15 minutes each coz Penang was burning like hell for that 4 days I was there .. 40 degrees I think. I always felt like I was like a overheated car engine ready to breakdown anytime soon. But that didn't stop me from munching my way through the daysssssss ... BigOne's heaven, he sooooo needs to come here!


What's there to do in Penang? Eat, club, and sleep during the day .. coz too hot laa. But I tak jadi club ... come on laa, I'm semi-mourning ! So no QEII pics this time .. grrrrr ~


My blood brother .. macam my bf that day ler, unrealizingly .. we're decked in couple's outfitMy other brother

We grew up together .. we're all so old now!!!!! I still have a pic of the 3 of us where we all look like chipmunks .. Alvin Simon and Theodore!

And my darling Alan ..

* * * * * *

Sibeh the angry ler .... I stepped in the office only to find my table was covered with the pest i detest most ... ANTZ ! I know ants are not categorized as pests but I detest them to the max coz the whole kampung of them always appear and I have to spend time trailing those pesky irritants to their source. And smarty pants me used Shieldtox in the office ..... CLEVER dao ~~~~~~~~~~~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hEY, deepest and sincerest heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Your gramma is in a better place right now, so no worries. She'll always watch over you!

When were u in penang? I was in Penang as well last weekend for cheng beng. My great grandad's urn's in that Thai Temple that u visited! He's niche is under the Sleeping Buddha. He's the most handsome picture one there, so u won't miss him! ;p

Jamieternity said...

hahaha ... i did miss him lor then.
duhhh .. we could have meet up man!! grrr~~~ we sooooo need to meet up nic !

Anonymous said...

Actually..ants are pests! Anything that creates havoc are all considered pests..
So, Khazakstan you think..wouldn't that make you like a distant relative of Borat or something..

Jamieternity said...

ai five ai five !

Anonymous said...

Hahaha..hopefully you aren't into nude wrestling too!