Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ridiculous !

ime Everything seems absurd since lunch today.

I was greeted by a long lost soul who used to treat me so well like one of her own. It was nice seeing those warm familiar faces again, though it would never ever be the same again.

"Heard you were getting married ... who's the lucky man ?"
"Huh? Who oo ... "
"Someone really loaded .. who drives a car with a number plate of 3 .. or 13"
"Huh ???? 3 or 13 ??? Who told you about it? Marry wor ..."
"Ah *** lor .. he said the guy's house is filled with luxury cars all lined in a row"
"Whoaaa ........ " -.- !

MamaMichelle and I stared at each other cluelessly, until someone that fit that description popped into my head.

"That one arrr ... but I only had dinner with him ONCE. And that was history".

But the other caught only the word "history" and assumed that history meant "we dated before but it's not history". I buat tak dengar and save my effort for any explanations. It didn't matter anymore.

Back in the car we were joking that IFF that rumour gone wrong was real, I could just cut short my 10 year plan and live the most ridiculous lifestyle ever. Let's just not re-enter the bimbotic and over-fantasized world of mine again. It's just too ridiculous! And besides, I would never give up what I already have ... bliss is priceless.

* * *

Ridiculous names. I know everyone wants to have some form of caucasian name to complement whatever chinese name we've got. But please for crying out loud .. get something decent and not be a joke. I have known a million people with ridiculous names ... not sure if I should explicitly state it here. Not nice to make fun of their choices coz afterall, this is a free world. Anyone has the right to name their kid Barney and be damn proud of it.

But it's just ridiculous to be over creative want that "special child" which a name that no one has. You have people naming themselves after the weather, seasons, color, fruits, chocolate?? Yea .. I know someone that do call herself Chocolate. Harmless laa .. people kawaii maa ..

Just as I was checking out all the name cards on my desk, I came across this card .. this person actually named himself CAESAR Teoh. Classic laa ! I'm having Rome fever now, and I think Octavian is a more chio name that Caesar. Just waiting for fate to let me meet someone this "eccentric". I might consider naming my child Octavian and Octavia. But then again, Octavia's character is just lousy and I don't want my daughter's name to be inspired by a confused-bisexual-good for nothing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine if someone named Mark or Antony going out with some Asian Cleopatra..LOL, that would be a sight to behold! Actually, I met someone with the name Caesar a little while ago too..I kept thinking this guy must have had a conqueror complex or something you know!
I've seen far worse names imaginable, but somehow it's always Asians who look right daft with "interesting" names. I mean, Keanu and River goes well with Reeves and Phoenix, but can you even imagine someone calling themselves Keanu Ng?!? Or River Lim?!? Jeez..or worse still, someone who isn't Japanese using a Japanese name..I don't know, just looks downright idiotic to me..

Jamieternity said...

spot on .. and i do know someone who goes by the name keanu as well. nothing N.E.A.R. the real keanu. hehe~

sometimes i wonder what are they thinking ... special ???? it can be special and unique, but bordering weird or enter the weird zone .. now that has backfired to be a joke!

Anonymous said...

You know, it's hard for anybody to compare to the real Keanu..I mean, come one, I may be hetero and all, but he is hot..

I mean, if someone with a "cool" name..cool in their minds that is..were named by their parents at birth, well, I guess I can forgive the poor bugger you know..it's those weirdos who name themselves at like 25 or even 30 yrs old or something, man that's freaky..and rather sad actually..be proud of your given name I say..Chinese or otherwise..
One of the dumbest names I know people to have given their children..one's Abraham, and the other's Lincoln..honest to God! Poor buggers..