Sunday, March 09, 2008

Surreal Reminiscenes

" I no longer see your dear face clearly in my mind,
the edges of the picture have blurred into the mists of time,
Your voice, a muffled echo across the timeless years,
the memory of your touch drowned long ago in half forgotten tears,
but sometimes when I least expect,
a stranger looks into my eyes the way you used to do,
and then I realize,
my mind has chosen to forget,
but still my heart goes on remembering you. "

I figured that it has become a long forgotten past. When I no longer have the slightest thought of your existence, something had to remind me of you. I dazed in the remarkable resemblence that I can't deny. And I woke that it's just a spark of coincidence, smiled, and put all the memories back into the box and back in the furthest corner in the attic.

The sony buzzed. I dred to pick it up as I was comfortably tucked with love and warmth. The buzzing ended. It never buzzed again. Should be unimportant. I checked hours later, dazed, but somehow my fingers chose to ignore to return a call.

I wonder .. if it is possible to ever totally forget something?
Sometimes it's best, when the happy memories only brings 3 seconds of smile and hours of sadness.

Is it better to .. Have loved and lost than to never loved at all ?
from the movie The Leap Years

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you alrite? You sounded reli down.....

Jamieternity said...

am fine ... thanks for your concern.
i just so happened to come across this poem which describes exactly how i felt. a past that i want to forget. but on the other hand wanna remember the happy moments. but through it all .. it's better that it was forgotten. :)

Anonymous said...

No, dun forget everything. Keep those sweet memories and forget the ugly past. There's alwiz a small part in our heart allocated for such fond memories, so tat when we grow old & ponder on them, we can still smile upon them.

Anonymous said...

That was deep..even for me! You are an interesting soul..

By the way, for once in my life I made a sensible choice..after listening to you of course..I bought the N95 rather than the Arte Sapphire. Like a wise lady once pointed out to me, RM1800 is worth a high tech phone already!