Monday, December 24, 2007

Tis the season to be jolly ..



Fa la la la la .. la la .. la la

This is year seems to fly by .. swoosh .. lightning speed.
Just only it was yesterday when ........

... too many things happened.

But it ended well ... I hope.

With a blink of an eye .. Christmas is here. I am yet to get into the festive mood. Haven't downloaded a single 2007 edition of Christmas songs from various artists, yet to be excited .. yet to countdown the days .. *poof* .. Christmas is tomorrow.

Sorry for not blogging regularly these days .. been busy with work. Despite being on facebook quarter of the time, bashing it out on Tower Bloxx. It's really addictive .. but then again, it's just prolly me. The competitiveness in me and the urgency to outdo myself and outdo everyone else motivated me to beat the high score. Though still unsuccessful, but I have made tremendous improvements from my measely 53 storey high just a week ago, to being 3rd on the friend's list at 109 storey high. That's a 105.66% improvement. Bravo! =.=

Just as I was busy forwarding greetings through text, and facebook, I suddenly realize that as years goes by, festive seasons and occassions loses it's substance and sincerity. It's more of the "get a gift, get it over and done with" these days. I realized that I haven't receive a card in ages. Gone were the days when people took the effort to scout for the perfect gift .. the perfect card .. with the perfect message. I used to make cards for every single occassion. Each very creatively and artisticly hand made. Ever since I was 6, I started this habit, and became the household card maker. It was my responsibility to get it out, while the rest just signs off as if they contributed to a part of it. I even had to make one for them to give to others. My mom .. being my promoter. And I wasn't even paid for it. =.= And friends got me to make cards for the gals they wanna hook up .. so much for sincerity! But at least they had the thought of getting one made instead of randomly grabbing one off the shelf.

It was one of my ambition to set up my own greeting company .. or at least takeover Hallmark .. which is most unlikely. I feel profits have been slimming over the years as they embark on a different platform .. selling e-cards, which won't bring in much of a revenue as people are so cheap these days (so am i) that they just rip-off the graphics and DIY their own cards, or settle for the less attractive ones which are FREE.

Do check out Hoops & Yoyo from Hallmark. I am soooooo in love with their quirkiness!

* * * * * *

It's Diddy's birthday today (not the real Diddy .. but it's a nickname I gave my dad to be stored in my phone).

Happy Birthday Daddy !

Thanks for being the sweetest dad ever ..
and giving me all the priority for being the BouBui Daughter ..
making mom jealous coz she felt that I'm being loved more than her *teehee*
.. and making sure that everything is well provided for me ..
.. pampering me ..
.. spoiling me ..
.. being my drama buddy (we shall continue more!)
.. and showering me with all the love in the world !

I heart you much much !!!

* * * * * *

I'll be heading home soon to whip up my gourmet dish for dinner!
Will post pics soon!

Till then ...

Wishing everyone a very very very Merry Christmas !!!!

Have loads of laughs, hugs and kisses ... and may you receive loads of goodies from the tree! Grab someone else's and rip the tag off if there's none for you.

*Santa won't bring you a gift even if you've been nice. It's a dog eat dog world out there. Defend your own interests and grab the opportunity before others. *evil laugh* Am just kidding !!!! Don't be an arse !

BIG HUGS AND KISSES !!!

No comments: