Monday, November 26, 2007

Sun Sand and Tan

Back from Bali ... No, not holiday but work. It has been one of the week which I have been working my butt off ... NO SLACKING ... one of the MOST hardworking week ever.
PR and head organizer of this year's group conference is never easy .. being the "mommy" that everyone runs to for something .. or just about anything. But am glad it was all over and my hardwork has paid off and greatly appreciated.

Thanks ... I knew I was great ... *teeheehee*

The broadband connection is so fugging screwed !!! I don't read the papers .. but is there some major earthquake happened over the weekend .. or during the whole month which I did not know .. that screwed up the whatever fibre optics cable just like the previous quake in Taiwan (was it Taiwan??) I know there's some quake in Indonesia, but I doubt there's any fibre optic there .. let alone any development for any plans for the project in that area for the next decade or so.

It's sooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying !!!

I've broken record for not going online for the longest time ever .. 6 days straight. Felt like I have lost contact with the world or something. The connection in Bali isn't exactly acceptable as well, so I shan't add tension to my soaring stress level. My mailbox is so packed with mails that I think it will take me the entire week to actually go through every single one of them. My friendster account has been flooded with messages and friends request that freaked me out that I closed it instantly. Facebook? I dare not go there ... with it being so laggy and god forsaken speed of my internet, I might tear my notebook into 2.

It took me the entire morning to upload the pics .. everything that I was so enthusiastic to blog about just evaporated .. the caffein isn't working effectively anymore. I need a new drug to stimulate my brain cells.

Reasons to Heart Bali

1.
Sunset Dinner @ Jimbaran

A must go, though food isn't that great. But it sure is beautiful.


Team Prawn


Tyrone The Prawn-Man a.k.a. Brother-from-another-mother

Prolly the most disgusting prawn eater I have ever met. We had 10kgs of prawns ... he prolly had 6 kilos of it in his belly. He said that there isn't any prawns in New Zealand coz it's too cold and prawns are frozen there. Sounds ridiculous! Anyone out there who can clarify this ambiguity? I'm just kinda skeptic about it !

Toe touching has never been easier .... well, not like I have any difficulty touching way beyond my toes. *smirk*


2. More food ... good food @ Ubud

Bebek Bengil
a.k.a. Dirty Duck Restaurant

The physical entrance may look like any average restaurants/cafes, but don't underestimate this place as it unreveals its beauty from within. Dining in verandas amongst the paddy fields gives feeling of serenity and whole village experience. Only flaw is the mosquitos which won't really bother us after a couple of Bintangs (local beer) *wink*. Though kinda far from Kuta, approx. 1 hour ride .. but it was all worth it. Their famous fried duck is capital D-elicious !!! A good investment idea to franchise it to our region .. KenDucky. KFC comes no where near it. And I gluttoned myself to 2 servings plus a whole lot more side orders. Gado-Gado there is so good that all the gado-gado that we have been eating all these while are just simply rubbish. Drinks are innovative with the quirkiest names ever .. "Dirty Duck with Monkey Bite" .. "Dirty Duck with Dog Bite" .. "Drunken Duck" ..

.. David showed off his feminin side with his "Blue Duck" and manicured nails.

3. Cool hangout places which serves good food, great music, good ambiance .. and good souvenirs. You know you can never go wrong there.
Dome art at Hard Rock Cafe Kuta Bali. Not your average angels and saints ... Rock On !!

4. Krispy Kreme !!!!
They have Krispy Kreme !!! I live in a jungle .. only to be discovered by J.Co in late 2007!
And Bali has both of them .... sheeshh !!
Krispy Kreme should be opened in JB ! KL should stop getting all the attention ... it's over crowded there !
Just look at that .... I couldn't even resist for 1 minute to take a picture of it !

* * * * * *
And who said kids are only entitled to lollies ... It proved to be one very effective tool to boost concentration throughout longwinded meetings!

And to top it all off ..... I reward myself with my newly beloved!

Supernova Tote from Burberrys.

Tip: A great value buy at Changi Airport. So much cheaper than retail, plus you get a 7% GST off the price!

Flaw: You gotta carry the darn thing throughout your entire trip. Hand luggage is always a hassle. If only some genius came out with a good plan to check in notebooks coz ...
  1. It's so darn heavy. Not all of us can afford to splurge on the aneroxic model .. let alone work in companies which are ignorant to cost effectiveness to IT asset management.
  2. Saves time boarding the plane and smoothes the flow of seating.
  3. Smooths flow of getting off planes.
  4. Reduces the side effects of having signal interuptions .. some smartass might try to use their wifi in mid air .. reckons connection might be better since we're much nearer to the satelite.
  5. Not having to carry the darn bulk around when we wanna shop around .. or having too many trolleys in the store .. or even having to keep a constant lookout for it.

Oh well .. shall stop my bullshit and get back to work!

2 comments:

acsmvtak said...

how much u bought that bag in RM?

Anonymous said...

Good post.