Friday, February 13, 2009

1 .. 2 .. Freddy's coming for you ... 3 .. 4 .. Lock your doors ..

I wonder if today's really a bad luck day.

According to Wikipedia, it's just superstition.
  • The number 12 is a symbol of completeness, whereas 13 was considered irregular, and transgressing the completeness.
  • Friday on the other hand was considered an unlucky day since the 14th century to undertake journeys of begin new projects. And there was the coincidental Black Friday with stock market crashes and such.
I don't know man .. but for me Friday's awesome, as the weekend mood kicks in.

We're celebrating YeeChu's Happiness Day later this evening. Ironically on Friday the 13th. Oxymoron if you ask me.

Valentine's tomorrow and I'm so excited. Not like there's any major celebration whatsoever, but am just such a sucker for occasions. It can be just about any occasion .. cancel on me and I'll frown like a baby deprived of milk.

2 surprises are ready .. I hope the 3rd surprise arrives by today. Sigh .. I have been waiting all month for it, till I feel traumatized for ordering something online again. Especially when it had to be specially customized and flown-in some couple of thousand miles away. *fingers crossing real hard* I even have been finger crossing on fb for the longest time ever. It's killing me real slowly.

* * *

I don't have mood to work.

Time check. Not time for lunch break yet. -__-

* * *

Emi Visits.

After over 4 years .. we meet again.

It was great to see a familiar face again. And I am glad I have a friend in almost every country on the map. And I hope that we're all able to see each other again.

The month long "vacation" was awesome. Though I feel some gross feeling inside me to tell people that I was once a pageant girl, I never regretted taking my chance and made it to the world finals. Everday was a carnival in the Phils. So much drama. So much to experience.

Then in 2005.
Now in 2009.
One by one they got married.

Some have already become mothers. Jenny (Indonesia) has a handsome boy, and Angie's (Portugal) is so gorgeous.

Niharika's (India) already a bollywood superstar. Isabella (Brazil) was on Brazil's Next Top Model, Cycle 1.

But am very sad that I'm unable to contact Hae-Mee (Korea) anymore. Her e-mail's inactive and I have no idea where to look for her. We were so close back then, and kept in touch for a bit before it slowly died off. Now I only have the sweet angelic pictures of Hae-Mee to remember. I hope we meet again.

The trio's - Hae-MEE * EMI * JAMIE
That's Nora (Latvia) at the back. Though she's younger than me but she's so motherly that I go to her for my nightly bedtime hugs.

I can't wait to visit Tokyo! Emi insists.

The yen is so strong now and climbing by the day. We have to put our trip on hold.
I hope the yen drops by June. Keeping my fingers crossed for a birthday trip :D

As of now my fingers are already permanently crooked for crossing it too much !

No comments: