Thursday, November 27, 2008

Jason & SookWei's Big Day

22-Nov-2008

The day that have been long awaited .. long anticipated .. has finally arrived.

A dream come true when she finally tied the knot to the love of her life.

It was a truly beautiful wedding. And God made the weather great despite the depressing monsoon season that I have been complaining about on a daily basis.

SookWei looked amazingly beautiful .. she glowed radiantly.
It's the L.O.V.E.
Her bridal gown was simple .. but gorgeous and elegant.
White lace over light champagne satin lining.

The solomization took place at Braise at Sentosa. Overlooking Pahlawan beach, this was the perfect spot for the event.

Oh, and did I mention the food was fantastic ?!
Crab cakes rockxxx ~



Lovin' the dress I bought. Silk fuschia with batik-like prints with embroidered neckline.


Dinner at Amara Sanctuary Sentosa.

I would call it fine dining coz I can't remember the exactly how the food was made.

But every single one left a lasting memory to my taste buds.

Wasabi prawns (one of the 3 dishes for starters). Sharks fin served in a mini pumpkin. Wagyu-beef for main. Baked king prawns. Japanese noodle with tempura fish (i think it was pregnant fish .. coz I don't really know how to appreciate this delicacy). And cempedak creme brulee with berries.

SookWei's an amazing wedding planner. I think her sis and JamieT had contributed alot as well. From the hen's night that they planned out, I won't be surprised they did alot for this night as well.

The ballroom was subtly litted with random shades of pink, blue, orange and green lights .. and with lots and lots of roses and candles. The jazz band was amazing. And the emcee .. not your average random person going on stage and reading off the pre-written script. This guy is a professional man ... like one of those that does commercial/big gala/events. He creates impact.

A lot of great speeches that touches the soul and melts the heart.

Being an amazing singer, SookWei surprised Jason by singing Olivia Newton John's Hopelessly Devoted To You .. followed by her performance with the Sugarettes.
FYI, she's part of the band that made it to Top5 of the Live The Dream.

She's so gonna help me draw out my wedding plans next time.

The venue, the photographer, the performers, the programs.

One thing I love about weddings in Singapore is that the guests dresses properly.
Finely if it may be.
I feel it's a certain level of respect that we have to give to the couple that it's an important event and not just some dinner party that they're throwing.

I really don't get it how can one go to someone's wedding in tees, jeans and sneakers. People are so scared to be overdressed that they go soooo under-dressed.

A week ago Dan consulted me on what should he wear to his friend's wedding in KL. I suggested at least a nice smart shirt and slacks .. coat and tie is optional. He was shocked coz he planned to throw in his tux. But that's way too much ritee......

Congrats to the both and wishing them neverending bliss.

Btw, the stunning pics are taken by Gabriel Mendes.
I so wanna book him ... but he doesn't come cheap.

Should I start saving then ;)


No comments: