Thursday, May 22, 2008

Victories

All the more to celebrate about ...

Man U won the Champions League against Chelsea this morning.

Although I am no longer an avid fan of the team since prolly a decade ago, I still support the team. I still think Christiano Ronaldo is good looking despite having one of the most lan-si faces around. I didn't catch the game .. let alone know that the game was on until I was awoken with shock at 5.30am by screams from the living room as if someone was possessed and going through exorcism. It was my brother raving mad with happiness as though he was in the crowd. And yes .. he is one HUGE fan. He worships the Devil. Particularly in Red.

* * *

David Cook won American Idol.

Finally I am satisfied with the results of the American Idol. It's supposed to create Idols .. successful music artists, etc etc. Over the American Idol seasons, the winners just somehow vanish after winning it. Only a handful made it successfully to the music industry and proven to have real star quality - Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood (seems unfamous here coz we just don't rave about country music .. but she is big in that genre), Chris Daughtry (though not a winner .. but he rocks laa somehow). The others can't make it laa .. it's as though this singing competition is somewhat a pageant. Crown the winner, and that's it. They're still so-called famous coz they are the winner, don't really appear anywhere except 'special appearances' singing 1-2 songs as 'The winner of A.I. season xxx'.

Both Davids are good I must admit. But Big Dav here has more star quality material. Small Dav I feel will somehow end up like that 'guy that was supposed to win over Ruben Studdard' (i seriously forgot his name) .. forgotten and M.I.A. Looking forward to DavCook's success in becoming a real mega-star.

* * * * * *

The birthday is coming in exactly 15 days. I am yet to come up with my prezzie list ! Everything I want now seems rather out of hand .. doesn't really justify the cost of having it. The 'Impossible List' will be up soon .. really .. it's ridiculous. I don't call it the Impossible List for nothing. *wink*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

'guy that was supposed to win over Ruben Studdard' - clay aiken

Jamieternity said...

right .. thanks. see .. he's so forgettable and MIA'ed. i thought he had talent though. at least he was sooooooo much better than that teddy bear.

Anonymous said...

Don't you think Clay was kinda wussy though? And his songs were/are a little too mushy for my tastes..
So "the day you came into this world" is on it's way again..what are your thoughts on being 26 years young then? And what is this seemingly unattainable list of yours then? How about a teaser look..