Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Chidhood Rekindled

Thanks to the wonders of the internet, I was rekindled with my childhood bestie. We were seperated when I had to move down south, leaving behind all that was close to heart. We made sure that we weren't drifted apart by distance through countless pieces of handwritten letters, updating each other on the latest gossips and events in our lives .. boys in particular *teehee*

As we got older, we had more things that diverted our attention to .. the writting stopped, adn we carried on with our individual lives. Nevertheless, we still never forgot each other deep down in our hearts, and longed so much to be able to see each other again. Thanks to Nic's neverending efforts, we all found each other again. Thanks to Friendster and Facebook too.

I managed to meet these long lost faces some 1-2 years ago .. even Nikki who MIA'ed for the longest time ever she became a myth to everyone. All except one ..

... and SookWei still looks the same. We finally met after 16 years!
Camera's wasn't all that rave back then .. and besides, I didn't own one personally .. let alone afford to or was entrusted to one. It would have been great if we had pics when we were all kids back then.

The meet was bloody nerve wrecking. I was waiting for her at the Palais having all the jitters like going on a blind date. I know it's insane to feel like that .. but it really was bloody anxious. And there's so much to talk about and to catch up on that we don't even know where to start. Amazingly we picked up from where we last stopped. No warm up-small talk. Straight to details.

The world is damn small that this super lucky woman is going to get married to a good friend of BigOne end of this year. We can now do girl dates when the boys do their stuff. As beautiful as she is .. SookWei's so mesmerizing .. really. You just wanna be her. I can't wait for her wedding .. am sure it's gonna be the wedding of the year. I hope Nic could join us on SookWei's hen's night. Bring your arse down here boy! For a change, you come down south! :D

Make-up check. Yes I am that vain. Who isn't ?!
Amazing view of the Marina Habour from our room. Pretty!
Last stop .. Butter.
I checked out the place that BigOne has been patronizing in SookWei's facebook to see how cool this place was.
Reminder: Do not patronize on Saturday nights. Friday will be good.
Reason: Gawd we both felt like desperate craddle snatchers out on a hunt on Saturday night!

Some glasses Bottega and we couldn't care less anymore.

Babe .. we should plan a trip together to KL to see Nic. He will be so delighted it's not funny.

On the other hand ... I went through major tongue lashing coz I had to forgo ...

Somehow there are people around me that grew out of it. Signs of aging???

How can one "grow out" on Tiesto???????


* * *


Limited pics coz most of it are in SookWei's camera. BigOne's busy getting drunk at his friend's wedding so to explain his absence. Pity though coz he looked really dashing that night. *wink*

6 comments:

Geline said...

wei, how can u go party by not calling me!!!!! evil@

Anonymous said...

Just wondering..how fickle a gal are you? Do you have trouble making your mind up..especially when it comes to buying things? No particular reason in asking, just a thought..

Jamieternity said...

Geline: Oh no you wouldn't wanna be there that night. And it was just the 2 of us. Kena ffk by my bf and her friend. wasn't planning to have a happening k.o. party session. we will plan to party together k! promise!

CC: I'm a gemini .. fickle is in my blood. Blood type: F with the capital! And yes .. fickle not in everything .. but buying things, most definitely. you can imagine how lost am i on the McD counter. :D

Anonymous said...

Gosh..I am SO fickle too..sometimes I wonder if there is something wrong with me! Got to buy a car again recently and the terrible Mr F reared it's ugly head again..I haven't been able to sleep weel for the past few nights as images of the 3 models I WANT kept flashing in my mind..how does one even fall asleep with those beautiful mouth watering forms flickering in your mind! I need a knock on my darn head to help make up my irritatingly fickle mind! I bet it's like that when you want all 5 colors of that Miu Miu bag or something ain't it!?!

Jamieternity said...

my gawd .. how'd u know abt the craving for the coffer bag????!!!!

Anonymous said...

;)