Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Post New Year Blues

So the malas to work. So the malas to blog. So the malas to basically do anything. There you have it .. Post-CNY-Blues symptoms. And today, I experienced major pain due to my late menses. I nearly died. And for the first time after 4 years, I had my jab again. Totally unbearable. Why do I have to go through such torment?

CNY was daaaammmnn boring to the max can! I was so bitchy and naggy for the 4 days straight I had to sit in JB .. even my mom who was on a more positive note couldn't stand my grumpiness. JB has never been this empty. New Year has never been this "exciting". And all I could do is console myself by floating my wandering mind to the place we all ought to be .. and island, filled with food and fun, despite how stressing it could be to our health - heat, unhealthy food, excessive eating, excessive partying, upside down living schedule of night becomes day and vise-versa. I don't gamble .. even betting $1 - $5 doesn't even count as gambling, so I'll leave that out. Macam you all don't tell yourself that .. "once a year only maaa..."

Buy yay .. bigger angpow this year .. since I'm absorbing their cost of an additional angpow supposedly owned by my bro .. who has given up his eligibility of asking for one. Makes up for the amount of angpows I left out collecting from where I supposed to be.

For the first time my house did resembled a "chinese" one during CNY. Each year we would MIA so we were less bothered of the festive aura since we are always back after the festive season. This year everyone took the liberty to make it decent looking. We had flowers. OK .. plants to be exact. I mean .. Plant (without an "s"). We had chinese words up on the walls. And my dad blasted the most insane Cina song ever. Somehow I yet to appreciate the cina jingles. Somehow it's so annoying to me. And to my mom. And to make things worse .. dad had an English version to the cina jingles. Same annoying jingle, different language. It doesn't help at all. It's just so weird.

Pussy-willows. Can you imagine how sua-ku I am. I still think these plants are fake. I thought the real plants do bloom those pink blossoms, which they don't and people usually stuck on the fake ones instead. I waited for it to bloom. A week later, no sign of any pink buds at all. And I thought that the cotton buds got mouldy since the yellow spots looked like mould/fungus. =.= """" slap me awake ba !!!

The usual steamboat during reunion dinner. It's so healthy here it's boring. And everyone went over to the "kids" section instead ... where I was.

Steamboat fusion a.k.a. The "Kids" Section. Teppanyaki of everything NOT boring. Fresh juicy AND TASTY squid. Ostrich meat. Smoked-duck. 3 types of salmon - Norwegian, Japanese (i forgot the last, but it's definitely not smoked). And etc.

Big Big applause to Mamamia. She cooked for CNY. And not only it's decently cooked ... it's amazingly delicious. FYI .. she hasn't really been in the kitchen this long before. She's so amazed and proud of herself. Wide spread .. nyum nyum ..

Jiu Ju Char. So good .. that BigOne who doesn't really like JiuHuChar helped himself to a big serving.
Home-made tofu-fish cake. Also damn nice.
Hou-See-Fat-Choi.
Tu-Kar. Pork's knuckle/trotter/leg
Steamed chicken in wine.
And the must .. Tu-Tor-Thng. Pig's stomach soup.

* * * * * *

This was the closest I could get to seeing my favourite Lion Dance act ... watching one in a mall. -.- " And for 25+ years .. I have never never seen a 2 legged lion dance. Funny sia~

No comments: